Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rachel Nichols on "Lauren"


Rachel was SUPER nice and gave me an interview about "Lauren"! Thank you so much Rachel!

Me: When you guys did the table read, did you guys expect how it would
end? Were there any theories you guys came up with before you got the
script?

Rachel
: We wanted everything to be fresh...there was no discussion prior to the table read...or at least not on my part!

Me: What was it like with Gubler as a director? Did you start seeing
him differently after the episode was filmed?

Rachel: Gubler was a fantastic director. I was super impressed. I didn't start seeing him differently, but my respect for him grew exponentially. He did a great job and I applaud him. Wow.

Me: As a relatively new person, what was your reaction to Paget
leaving? What is it like without her now?

Rachel: I adore Paget, as did the rest of the cast. She is lovely, funny, and kind. I wish for her to return, but if she finds other projects that thrill her, then I want her to pursue them and be happy. She is fantastic.

Me: What do you think Seaver must have been thinking when Rossi forced
her to profile?

Rachel
: I know what Seaver was thinking: she wanted to perform, but she was scared. She was unsure of her place, but knew she had a profiler inside of her. She's special, but she's new and young. She was insecure, but desperate to be bold. She wanted to say the right thing.

Me: Is it weird for you to play Seaver after playing Rebecca Locke on
The Inside?

Rachel: Rebecca was a kick ass character and she provided vital
information, while Seaver is still learning the ropes. I love both characters. I love both shows. I consider myself very lucky to be a part of both of them. Seaver will find her footing, gradually...she has the insight, she just needs the confidence...and the team will be an integral part of her metamorphosis.

Me: What was the atmosphere on set like during the filming of Lauren?
Was it a little more sombre or were there still a lot of jokes?

Rachel
: I wasn't shooting every day...but I do believe that it was sombre, yet fun at the same time.

Me: What was it like working with AJ? A lot of Twitter people have been
up in arms about this, but was there any tension on set?

Rachel: AJ is lovely - exactly the person that every CM fan would think her to be. And she was so kind to me that I couldn't help wanting to hug her. She is stunning and sweet, honest and friendly. Working with her was fantastic. She's a cool chick.

Me: What was your favourite moment in the episode?

Rachel: Impossible question to answer!

Me: Describe each member of the cast in one sentence! :)

Rachel
: In real life or on the show?

Me
: Did you watch the episode when it aired and do you watch things
that you've been in?

Rachel: I did watch the episode. I don't have a TV, but I do get every CM episode on dvd before it airs. Some of the work I've done, I've never seen, but I tend to enjoy watching the episodes of TV that I'm involved in. I have seen every episode of "The Inside", "Alias", and "Criminal Minds"...

Disclaimer: This interview is the property of The Romy Skye Interview Blog and Romy Skye's World. Do not quote or reproduce this interview without my permission or providing the source.

No comments:

Post a Comment